Is one of the six
houses with coat of arms in the land once called Terras de
Nobres, it is located in Vilarinho da Castanheira parish
belonging to Carrazeda de Ansićes council.
This house is the
most antique of all. Belonged to Major Manuel Velho de Azevedo
Lobo, considering the writings of Abade Baēal, and it were the
house that received Queen Dona Urraca, third king of Portugal“s
wife, D. Afonso II.
Dona Urraca“s name was used to nominate all
the properties surrounding this area and a small fountain as
well as the names Casa da Urraca, Fonte da Urraca and Quinta da
Urraca. As a reward given for the welcoming of the queen, King
Afonso II conceded to Vilarinho its charter that was the first
dated in 6 of December of 1218.
The actual owners know well how
important is the history of this place and they intend to share
it to all the lovers of historical places offering confort and
quality in a very pleasant and beautiful traditional house.